GOOD SHEPHERD LUTHERAN SCHOOL is a Christian school. The staff is committed to the teaching of God’s Word and to assisting children in their spiritual development. We respond to God’s grace through daily devotional time, mealtime prayer and corporate worship.
The school began in 1956 as a ministry of the Church of the Good Shepherd. The school is licensed by the Office of Children and Family Services, recognized as a School of Excellence by the Evangelical Lutheran Education Association, and is a member of a variety of regional and national education associations.
We are proud of our experienced and caring teachers, who are supported by dedicated teacher assistants and staff persons, supervised by the director of the school, and spiritually supported by the pastor and church members.
Good Shepherd Lutheran School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies or other school administered programs. It grants to all students all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all other students at the school.
Located on five acres, our campus includes the school building with spacious classrooms, gymnasium, and library, a large fenced-in playground set away from the road, the church, and meeting cottages. We are fully air-conditioned. These facilities provide a safe, spacious, and attractive setting for the children.
A low student/teacher ratio is one of the significant advantages Good Shepherd provides. Class sizes meet the requirements of the N.Y. State Office of Children & Family Services.
School families are always welcome to participate in the worship life and activities of the parish and are also invited to call on our parish pastor if they are in need of pastoral care.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Good Shepherd is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations. These organizations provide our staff with ongoing professional development and support.